Sunday, March 13, 2011

Chalkboard Decor


I have been seeing some really cute ideas for using chalkboard paint  out across the blog land!  I seem to get lost looking at all the creative ideas out there.  I saw a couple of blogs with some crafty ideas, but can't remember all of the blogs, but I got some inspiration from Little Brown House on my chalkboard project.  She painted hers and added some vintage flair to her plates with some dollar store decals.  I finished mine and thought that I should have painted them first, but they still ended up pretty darn cute.
 
Dollar Store metal plates before I painted them with Krylon Chalkboard Paint.  Sorry about the dust! I didn't even see it on the plates before I took the pictures.

Here is how the plates turned out! Cute don't you think, I know that the top plate looks a little off, but it is easily fixed.  I attached the plates with velcro to the wall, so all I need to do is move the top plate down a bit. Easy Peasy! (that is what my 4th graders would say ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment