Friday, January 7, 2011

Playdough fun

I was checking out my pictures from break and forgot all about when we made playdough.  My son wanted purple, but I didn't mix the food coloring good enough! Oh well we still got a shade of purple. 

If you want to make this version the ingredients are:

Ingredients:
1 cup of plain flour
1 cup of water
1 Tbsp. of cooking oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2  cup of salt
food coloring

To Make:
Pour all of the ingredients into a sauce pan.  Cook slowly on medium-high and stir it until the playdough thickens. (this happens quick!)
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes


Here are all my ingredients in the sauce pan. Next time I would color the water first because I didn't get the purple I wanted, and it cooks very fast.
Stirring....

Stirring....

All stirred together

I put the play doug in a glass cake dish with flour.  The playdough was very sticky, I wasn't sure if I made it right!

I just kept adding flour until it "felt" like playdough.

My son checking the taste.
Playdough a HIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment