Sunday, January 16, 2011

Tulle Tutu too cute

I have been trying to find a tutu online for a decent price, well that’s not working! My little girl’s first birthday is next week, and for her birthday I wanted her to have a really cute tutu to wear.  All the ones that are really fluffy and multi-colored are $40 bucks! Well, I decided to do it by myself. 

DSCF0454

This was super easy! I hit up Wally World and bought some elastic and tulle.  I was amazed at how cheap the tulle was.  I was thinking $4 plus a yard, but it was 1.93 and the turquoise was on sale for .98 a yard!

Anyway, all I did was measure my daughter’s waist with the elastic and cut.  I then quickly sewed the elastic together.  When I sewed I overlapped the ends about 1” to account for stretching. (so the waist length I measured minus an inch.)

I then just started attaching the tulle to the elastic. I cut the tulle down to 6” by 16”.  I wasn’t too worried about being exact.

Here are some pics of what I did.  I did not take a pic of the elastic part, but let me know if you can’t figure it out and I will help y0u.

 

Here is the tutu in progress.

DSCF0446

When I attached the tulle pieces, I attached them by this method. (I have know idea what it is called, maybe latch hook! haha) I bet if you just tied a knot it would be fine.

DSCF0447DSCF0448

DSCF0450

All done! After the prep work this only took about 30 minutes for me to tie.

DSCF0451

So pretty!

DSCF0452

No comments:

Post a Comment